
Today I am home with a sick Micheal and Mark. Lillian and I have yet to come down with anything so she went to school and I stayed home to take care of my boys. Michael keeps breaking out in hives. They come and go and they are contained to his face. We don't know why he is getting them. They look like scratches on his face. I give him benedryl and Tylenol. Hopefully they will disappear for good soon. They are resting now and I am taking a break.
I had a very uneventful weekend, which was nice. Next weekend starts a whole new round of being busy all the time. We have been busy since school started. It seemed like every day and evening there was something we had to do. Not just something going on and if you had time to go you would no these were things that we didn't have a choice we had to be there. Anyway, January slowed things down and for the last 3 weekends we haven't had a lot going on.
Next weekend is the big winter gala for work and I think it will be fun. I was on the planning committee and in charge of the invitations. I think they turned out well. My aunt did the artwork and I found a nice paper to print them on. So I have been done with my part for over a month but I still have to attend the meetings and help make decisions about what to do for prizes and contests and all that good stuff. Also AM is on the committee with me so I have to hear her 2 cents too. Anyway if you are on the team you are supposed to attend the gala, which I agree with, but I know she will want to sit with me and I don't want to sit by her. Also there will be some other people I work directly with who will want to sit by me and I really don't want to sit with them either. I know that sounds mean but I see them enough and I don't want to hear their stupid questions and odd banter. So my plan is to wait until the very last minutes to be seated and then get a table far from them. This plan might work or it could backfire very badly. They could save me and my friends a seat or we could end up sitting next to them because those are the only seats left. My friends are M, K, J and maybe another M (I'm not sure if she turned int her RSVP). Plus there are a few others that I would like to sit by but like I said I don't know how to distance myself from the ones I want o sit by and the ones I don't without being completely obvious. I'll keep you posted.

In other news, my sister H is not happy with my mom. She wants to get married next January and my mom said she can't give her any money then because my sister K is getting married in September. H does not like that answer and will not budge on when to have the wedding. My mom suggested March since H has always said she would like to have an Irish themed wedding. H said Josh does not want to have a Irish themed wedding so they are going with light blue and having it in January. The only person that H is compromising with is Josh. She doesn't care what anyone else thinks. I know that it's her wedding and she should get to pick what she wants to do but she should think of others as well. H was telling me how mom is being pushy and I told her we all had to deal with it for our weddings so she can have the fun of planning a wedding with my mother just like her siblings had to do.
Also I am concerned with having my brother and brother in law J in the same room for an extended period of time. I don't think my brother would do anything to ruin a wedding but when alcohol is involved you never know. I'm hoping J only attends part of the reception and then heads home with the kids but I don't know if my sister M has thought about it. As far as my brother is concerned he and J will never see or talk to each other again. It is going to be an interesting year.
2 comments:
Poor little Michael! Are you sure it's not the soap you use to wash clothes? In the picture of him, it looks like he's wearing a red shirt. You can tell right where the hives cut off on his arms. Not sure what he looks like from the waste and down, but it looks like it hurts! OUCH!
That's not Michael. I found that pix on the net. His hives are on his face only and they don't seem to hurt. The Dr. said to watch it and let them know if it changes.
Post a Comment