The priest read from the bible and then there was another My great aunt died last week and today was the funeral. Whne my sister caled to tell me about it she said she didn't think she would be able to attend and my other 2 sisters were working. She didn't know about my brother. I told her I got a day of leave for family funerals and that I would be there. I have to say I didn't know my great aunt very well but she was family and I thought I should be there. She didn't make it to many family functions due to an illness and the fact that she didn't drive and her husband never wanted to take her anywhere. Never the less I knew her and it is always sad when any member of your family passes away. Her husband was Jewish and she was Catholic so I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't know if they would do a Jewish funeral or a Catholic one. I don't know if this is traditional or not but the Catholic priest wore a yamaca and a shawl type garment the other man ,didn't say who he was, but he lead the service. They also had a friend stand up and read some passages in Hebrew. She had 7 children and only one couldn't be there but she broke her leg trying to get to MN. Some of the kids got up and said a few words about their mom. The most thought out was read by her 4th child. You could tell she had really put her heart into her words it it was very touching.
I weighed in tonight, down 1.8. I am a little disappointed in that number but as a whole (8.8) it looks better. This week I am going to try to move more and hopefully I will make my 10 pound mark next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1.8 is good! You can't always expect big losses. You are doing GREAT! Keep it up-
Remember -- think of every pound as 4 sticks of butter!!!
Post a Comment