
It was a sad today when I realized that my place of employment had blocked blogger from the list of sites we may view during work time. I loved reading them on my lunch breaks and occasionally blogging. Those days of wine and roses are gone.
In other news, we had our holiday party this past weekend and I have to say it turned out very well and I think we all had fun. I am very disappointed in myself. There was a fake American Idol contest and I hemmed and hawed too long and missed the cut off. I would've won had I had the guts to do it. Everyone on the committee kept talking about how great these other people were and I didn't think I could win. It goes to show that you should never underestimate yourself.

Also AM brought her daughter, which I'm not sure why she did since the girl sat there like a lump on a log. I think she danced to one song. When I asked AM today why her kid didn't dance she just shrugged and said she didn't know. Her daughter is a new mom to a 3 month old and is breast feeding, which I am totally for as long as it is working out for both parties involved, however when you bring your pump to a holiday party that is not even for your workplace, I think you've gone a little far. I would have brought extra nursing pads but not the whole pump. It is not a small hand held one it is a full size double breast pump that needs to be plugged in. Also I remember being able to go 4 hours without having to pump or feed my child.

Enough about that. AM on the other hand was in the mood to dance. She told me this as we were leaving work on Friday or rather I was leaving at 4:45 and she was still dinking around with her computer. Lady we only work until 4:30!! She wore a lovely sweater dress with sparkle across the shoulders and I believe it also had shoulder pads. Someone at work told her she looked nice and she said she'd had the dress for ages but it was a style that never goes out of date. Perhaps she thought she had picked a different dress. She actually danced with one of our drivers a slow dance and a fast one. It was quite the site. As I was relaying to a friend of mine it looked like Elaine from Seinfeld out there. I couldn't help it I was laughing.
Tonight I had my first weigh in at WW. I am down 3.8 pounds. I am excited. I am hoping to stay at that for a while and maybe I can start getting some more exercise and that number will continue to rise. This gift basket weighs 3.8 pounds. So I guess you could say I've lost a gift basket. :)
2 comments:
Woohoo! WAY TO GO on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!
LOL about the gift basket. Good job!
I tagged you on my blog :)
Post a Comment