Monday, January 28, 2008

A Night Out



After work I was very excited because I was going out with my sister H and my friend K. I left work got out to my and discovered it was dead. Apparently I left the headlights on all day and it didn't like that. I went back inside to find someone with cables and a car. We got it going and I was on my way. Woo-hoo! Anyway I haven't seen K for a couple months and K hadn't seen H for a really long while. So we had lots to catch up on. Plus when we get together we can talk for hours and never repeat anything. We went to an Italian place and the food was really good but contained way too much garlic. We are sitting having a wonderful chat when my phone rings. "Hello?" "Hi, this is Miss Lilly calling!" "Hi, Lil, what do you need?" "well, Daddy wants to know if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean." "Yes they are clean. Is that all you need?" "Well, do you want to talk to Daddy?" "I don't need to talk to Daddy. Does he need to talk to me?" "Dad, do you need to talk to mom? He says to talk for a minute and he'll be on. So, in school we are learning about solids and gases." "Oh, that's interesting. Is Daddy ready to talk?" "Well no, but mom we are learning about these solids and something called translucent." "Ok Lil can we talk about these tomorrow? I'm trying to have dinner with my friends." "Ok, well I guess Daddy doesn't need to talk to you. Bye-bye." Now I really love my daughter and I am actually quite interested in what she has to say but I did not need to hear about at that moment in time. Why would my husband have her call me? I hardly ever get to go out by myself and they call to ask if the dishes are clean. I should've accidentally left my phone at home. Next time I will. H had to leave around 7 but K and I stayed and chatted until 9. She says we should get together more often and then we could be done in an hour or 2. I told her we both know that;s not what would happen. We always have something to discuss and it just keeps coming. We have a great friendship. We would've stayed longer but I got a call from home and all I could hear was Michael screaming in the background. So we wrapped it up quick.

No comments: