
Tonight we had a Girl Scout meeting. This is the first meeting we've had since the winter break so it's been 6 weeks. Normally we meet every 2 weeks or so and my co-leader and I handle the girls well and we're one big happy troop. Let me tell you that tonight, I wanted to slap them. They haven't been together for a while and I understand that they wanted to see each other and chat and have fun but it was insane. First, the co-leader calls me to say she might not be there, then the cookie mom calls to tell me she isn't prepared to talk about cookies, I figure it will work itself out and we will be fine. Today co-leader calls me at 4 pm to say she definitely won't be there, then at 6 I get a call from the cookie mom saying her husband was in a car accident and she will only be able to drop off the information and then she ha to run. So it is me and 10 girls all in one small room inside a library. It started out good and we were having fun and then it turned into a room full of hyper girls that didn't want to work on a try-it. I almost told them we were done for the night and they could just sit there and talk and I would sit in the corner and cry. As soon as the parents came back I was shoving them out the door and trying to get things cleaned up. What a mess I will never again say I can do it by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment