Wednesday, January 9, 2008

28


Today is my birthday. I really enjoy birthdays and getting older. Although i can't believe I'm 28. Here are some things that happened this year:
I was drafted for the holiday planning committee at work. this will not be on the list next year.
I became a godparent.
I learned to crochet.
Mark's grandma had a stroke.
My dad had 3 surgeries. We hope this latest one was the last of them.
A niece was added to the ever expanding family, which will expand yet again this summer with a new baby and a brother-in-law in the fall.
I grew closer to some friends and further away from others and I found friends that I had been out of touch with for years.
I started my second year as a girl scout leader for Lillian's troop. It has been fun and very interesting.
I have learned that I should really think before I act, I should plan ahead, I should get up earlier, I should speak openly with people, I should learn to keep quiet in certain situations, I should communicate better with my husband, I shouldn't be so hard on my Lillian, I should have more fun and not take everything to heart, I should donate more often, I shouldn't volunteer for things I don't really want to be a part of, I should relax, I should read more.
I hope you're next birthday is happy and that you learn from everything that the previous year had to offer.

4 comments:

KarzyBear said...

Oh Ms. Vija! Wishing you all the best for 2008! Have a WONDERFUL birthday!

michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Sorry I suck and sat through all of lunch and didn't even say anything!

Tomorrow - we'll celebrate your old age tomorrow :)

Babybear Scraps said...

Happy happy birthday! Did you get to do anything to celebrate?

I think it's so cute that Lillian goes shopping with you. I can't wait to shop with Grace. Well, I do now but she doesn't really "consult" yet. LOL

carrster said...

Happy Birthday! (here via Michelle...) :)