Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I hate being sick


I started to get a tickle in my throat last Thursday, by Friday it was a cough with a slight soreness. Saturday I could barely talk and Sunday my mother-in-law brought me to urgent care because I sounded and looked horrible. Turns out I have an ear and sinus infection. I have never had an ear infection and haven't had a sinus infection for a several years. How did they develop so quickly? Anyway, my mother-in-law took the kids the rest of Sunday afternoon so I could sleep. Mark got off work around 3 and then came home to take care of me and the kids. I stayed in bed the rest of the day and almost all of Monday. I did go to WW for my weigh in and I am down 3.4 for a total of 12.2. I didn't stay for the meeting because I wasn't feeling up to it and people wouldn't be able to understand me with such a gravely voice. We got Mexican for dinner and when we got home I was so tired I went to bed at 8:30. I had a lot of trouble sleeping because I couldn't decide if I should go to work or not. By the time I had to get up I was feeling pretty good. I showered and got ready for work. I dropped L off at school and headed to work. This was a bad idea. My supervisor immediately sent me home. I told her I just wanted to get a few things done and she said no, I needed to go home and rest. I feel tons better than I did on Sunday but I still don't sound very good. I hope a good nights sleep will make my voice better and I will be able to go to work tomorrow. I think I'll take a nap now.

No comments: