Friday, March 28, 2008
My last day of vacation
Last Monday my mom said, "Vija, you're watching Gavin on Friday." I said, "Huh?" She continues to explain that she has a lunch date with some friends and that she would like me to watch G-man for a couple of hours on Friday morning. I agreed after much grumbling to a couple of hours. This morning was difficult because M and I were up late watching American Gangster last night but I got up and got ready. As I'm doing this my mom calls to ask me if I can come earlier, I tell her no and that I will be there at 10:30. I get there and her car is gone. She pulls up as I'm getting little M out of the car. They needed milk. We get in the house and she proceeds to tell me that she went to Hallmark to get gifts for her 2 friends and that there was a statue of a dog holding a welcome sign that Gavin was admiring and as he walked toward it he tripped and hit the dog which went flying and broke the sign off. A clerk comes over and tells my mom that she has to pay for the dog. My mom asks how much it is and the clerk tells her she can pay half the price which is $200. My mom says there is no way she is paying $100. She says "I don't think there is a law like that and you can't make me pay for anything, I'm calling my lawyer." The clerk tells her to call her lawyer and she was going to call her boss and see what she wanted to do. My uncle is the lawyer and he said she didn't have to pay and talk to the clerk but she still wanted my mom to pay for it. This story has lasted over a half an hour and she was supposed to have gone by then. At this point I am just wondering when she is going to leave. So G-man gets her her shoes and tells her to leave, too funny. She goes saying "he usually doesn't want me to leave, I guess he'll be fine." So we played and had a great time. M, L and G-man were doing well so I made lunch of macker, hot dogs and pears. It seemed to be a big hit. G really loves fruit, I think he had half the can of pears. After lunch M went down for a nap and G and L watched a little TV. Then I had them lay in bed to try to have G take a nap. This did not work. Then I realized that M was in the crib but not sleeping because he was poopy. So we watched a little more Spongebob and I kept looking at the clock because by this time it was 2:45 and no Grandma. I left my kids in front of the TV and laid down down with G, he was asleep in 5 minutes and the other 2 and I hung out trying to be quiet. I called my mom at 3:15 and she said she was just leaving. She got back at 3:45. I have nothing against my nephew and I love him dearly but this is not what I envisioned for my last day of vacation. I wanted to go shopping and I also needed to deliver some more GS cookies. The best part is that my mom didn't even apologize. She just walked in talking about what a wonderful lunch they had. Argh...............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sorry to hear that. and super sorry to hear that i could have called you and hung out tonight drinking wine! bummer!
but..i'm super excited to have you back at work on monday. i've missed you a ton!
Post a Comment