Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tuesday Delivery!















After much deliberation, hemming and hawing, phone calling and exasperation, I decided on a washer and dryer. It was not an easy task. My parents we helping me since my husband was at work and he couldn't help other than through the phone and neither of us had bought a washer or a dryer before we thought we should have some there who had. My parents found a Maytag Neptune at Lowes in Stillwater so I went out there today to find out that had been sold. So I was still looking at other options there and found another one only to have a woman come over and tell me she was buying that one. You see I hate paying full price for anything and when it is so expensive to begin with I hate it even more. So we left Lowes because I didn't want the very cheapest thing they had and the others didn't seem reasonable. We decided to go to my parents house and do more research online. We found several models that seemed good but like I said I don't know anything about them. We decided to go to Warner Stellian. They had an ok selection and the price was right. M wanted to only spend $600 so I was trying to keep it close and ended up spending $753. They will deliver(Tuesday 3/18), install and take away the old ones for $25. Most places won't install a gas dryer because of codes and all that jazz but this place said they will and I am looking forward to being able to do laundry without having my little boy cry because he's scared if the loud noise it makes. They may not be the top of the line washer and dryer but they will be a huge improvement over the 30+ year old things down there now.

In other news, I got my hair done last night. I know what you're thinking "didn't she just get her hair done?" Yes I did but I didn't like it so I had another person do it and it is tons better. I don't feel like crying when I look in the mirror anymore. Oh and my troop had their cookie booth last night and today and they did a great job selling. That's about it for today. Tomorrow I am going to see Bruce Springsteen with 2 of my sisters and we are excited about that. Then it's back to work on Monday to try and reel in about 50 more donors to meet my monthly goal. Oh joy.

2 comments:

KarzyBear said...

Congrats on the new purchase! I have heard great things about Warner Stellian. Good work V!

MickyD said...

We bought a whole house full of appliances from Jeff Warner for our new house. Included in these was a 2-drawer U-Line freezer with ice maker- an expensive item. The ice maker has never worked properly and made 20 cubes in 4 days!! They checked into this and said it is "normal" and refused any service. What a crock!! The least expensive refrigerator with an ice make will make many time this amount. We are totally frustrated and disgusted that dealing with a family member resulted in insulting reply. AVOID them at all costs!!