Saturday, December 29, 2007

Birthday Boy

I can't believe my little boy is 2! He didn't sleep very well last night so he ended up in our bed around 4 am. He immediately told me he needed Dora. I said he had to wait. Lillian came into the bedroom at 7:30 singing Happy Birthday and Michael was still crabby so he started kicking her. It wasn't a pretty morning. They had to take baths today and Lil wanted to take one by herself so Michael went first. When I finally got him out he didn't want to get dressed so he pranced around the house in his Birthday suit. I have to say it was hilarious. We managed to get everyone ready and out the door to go drop Mark's car off to get the wipers fixed (he has not had wipers for 3 weeks, not good in the middle of snowstorms). Anyway we did that then proceeded to Toys R Us where th kids are members of their birthday club. Which means you go in tell them it's your kids birthday and they give you a balloon oh and you get a $3 off coupon in the mail. Michael really enjoyed his BA-loon. He wondered the whole store and finally decided on a cash register. We then dropped dad off at work and went home for lunch and a nap. After that we went to visit Great grandma Tina. Then to get dad from work to get his car and finally to the ice rink. Lillian had gotten skates for Christmas and since the whole day had been about Michael I thought I would give her a chance to do something she wanted to do. She is very brave. She went out there without any help and if she fell she got fight back up an tried it again. Michael was also trying to skate. He would follow Lil around and try to do the same style she was doing. I kept telling him to slow down because it was slippery and he told me it wasn't slippery. Even after he fell several times he still said it wasn't slippery. The worst part was trying to get him to leave. After dinner we had cupcakes and Michael liked the candle in there so even after it was blown out he was trying to put it back in the cupcake and singing Happy Birthday to himself and blowing out the candle. He is so funny. All in all it was a good day and I think my big 2 year had fun.

3 comments:

KarzyBear said...

Happy Birthday Mike!

michelle said...

Happy Birthday (late) to Michael :)

Oh - and just in case I forgot to tell you - you suck for being gone this week! :(

Vibajiba said...

if it makes you feel any better, it was a crap week. michael was sick and lil was crabby. I am ready to be back at work.