Thursday, April 9, 2009
carbonated water
I was in the break room washing out my cup, minding my own business, when AM comes in. She asked if she could grab a paper towel. I say sure and move over slightly. She starts taking ice out of the freezer and placing it on the paper towel (weird) and telling my about how she has to hydrate because she’s donating tomorrow. Then she says she stopped drinking tea and carbonated water and now she has to stick to plain water until after her donation. I asked (why do I ask?) why carbonated water? She gets all high and mighty and tells me that it is a fact that carbonated water dehydrates a person. She deals with the issue every summer because of the youth she volunteers with. They are in a parade and one year someone tried to give them carbonated water and she had to run over and tell them to stop since it would dehydrate the kids. All I said was “huh, interesting.” It was way too early to be talking to her. Anyway, she leaves and I finish up what I’m doing. I get back to my desk and she has printed an article for me to read that tells about dehydration and carbonated water. Who does that? First of all I don’t really care; second if I did I could look it up myself. She certainly didn’t need to print and highlight it for me. This is what I have to deal with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment