Thursday, November 6, 2008
A new and old vacuum
I went to buy a new vacuum tonight. I have been in need of one for several months. I know what you're thinking. Yuck. Well I borrowed one for those months. It happened to be my husbands grandma's. Yes it was from the 70's and it had a setting for shag but it seemed to be working for the most part. I used it this past weekend and it started leaving black marks on my beige carpet. I told my husband that we needed to invest in a new one. So I had been looking for ones on sale and I wanted one with a bag. I had a bagless and I didn't really like it. I went to Walmart because they had the best price. When I got there I was very excited to find that the one I wanted was on clearance for $60. Wow! I was getting a great deal. You know the old saying "too good to be true," well it was. I got home and the kids and I were taking it out of the box and putting it together. I looked closely to find that it had some kind of grossness on it. It looked like splattered pop and maybe sheet rock dust. I thought well I guess that's why it was on clearance. Oh it gets better. The front cover wouldn't close and the hose would not attach to the main part of the cleaner. I tried to turn it on and dust flew every where. I was so crabby I threw it back in the box, put the kids in the car and went to my Walmart and returned it. The girl at the counter was very nice and apologized. She asked if I wanted to look at another one. I did of course because not only was I excited about getting a new vacuum but the kids were very excited. I don't know why they were so excited but it was like Christmas to them. So we went to look at their selection. Wouldn't you know they didn't have any of that same one and not another one with a bag for less than $150. So I ended up getting a bagless. It was still $60 so it was an okay choice. We got home and put it together and it worked. It's a little loud but hey it does a great job. I will never use the 70's one again. This one picked up so much dust and pet hair it was unreal. I know it's gross but I had vacuumed on Saturday and the amount of yuck that was in the canister was outrageous. I know that Walmart is not a place to go for top of the line items but I was not expecting what I got. I like to go there for the price. That brings me to another old saying, "you get what you pay for." I have always been thrifty and my husband was not until he married me. I don't want to tell him the story because he will say both of those things to me. Oh well if the vacuum lasts me at least a couple of years I won't feel too badly about only spending $60.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
u go girl...
Post a Comment