Saturday, November 15, 2008

Late for a date.

Last night my mother called and asked what I was doing today. I hate when this happens because it only means one thing; she wants me to do something for her. She asked if Lil would be able to go with her to WI to listen to my aunt sing in the Sweet Adelaide's concert. I said she had diving until 11 am and then maybe. So then she says "Great! Pick up grandma on your way out and I'll see you then." I said "what? I have to think about this, I will call you if I want to do it." This morning I get a call from my dad. "So, you'll pick up grandma and meet your mom then?" I hate it when this happens as well because it means that my mom didn't want to ask and she knows I can't say no to my dad. She is very conniving. So needless to say I got ready and set out to get grandma and meet mom. Granted I was 20 minutes late, so I called g-ma and left a message that I was running late. I get to her place and go ring the bell. She comes rushing out "Oh, no, what happened?" I said "nothing happened grandma, I was just running a little late." "Oh dear, well I hope we can still make it on time," she says. She was pretty upset with me. She didn't say more than 3 words on the ride to meet my mom. I felt badly for disappointing her but I felt exuberant in being late to meet my mother. That woman watched my kids over the summer and I think she was late every single day. I would go into work at least 10 minutes late all the time. I absolutely hated it! I felt good about being late. Oh she did offer to keep L, which was nice, so it was M and me all day while dad was at work. We went to Trader Joes. I love that store! I would love it even more if they would open one closer to me that I could go to during the week. It is so crowded on Saturdays that it is impossible to browse. You have to know what you are going there for and get out before someone runs you over. It is insane! Then I called my friend M and we went to lunch and then back to her place. She lives in Woodbury. It was very nice. I loved hanging with her for the afternoon. We don't get to see each other very often so this was a special treat. Love you M! Then I called my husband and asked if he would like us to bring him dinner, he said yes. I came home to find that the dog decided to rip apart the garbage. Nice. Then I made chicken enchiladas and we went to visit dad. I had been crabby with dad for a few days so this was my truce. We talked and things are good again. Now I am enjoying a glass of wine and waiting for him to come home.

No comments: