Personnel: Arrange desks in optimal positions to provide maximum acoustical benefit and/or add dividers between desks to absorb sound and provide privacy.
This was in the reading material I had to read the other day. I thought to myself, I am supposed to be able to work in peace, yet I am plagued by the annoying and overly loud voice of AM. I think I have said before that she can't hear out of one ear and is deaf in the other, well add in a head cold for 2 weeks and see what happens. I'll tell you what happens, I can't do my job because I can't hear myself talk or think. Another thing that bothers me is that when it comes to job performance, I think I do very well. Granted I may not reach my monthly goal but at least I know I tried. Well, most months anyway. Today, AM did nothing, oh maybe she called 4 people. The rest of the day all I heard was typing. No, we don't have a lot of typing to do in our position. She was emailing. Normally I wouldn't care, however her numbers have been higher than mine the last 2 months and I am staying on task. Life is not fair and I am frustrated. Why should I even try? Oh I know, so I will continue to have a job. I tell you what, I know I will have a job as long as I don't annoy my manager and make it look like I really want to be where I am. They love me and I know I would never get fired but it is so frustrating to be the one that is doing the job and for someone else to not do as much but continue to have better numbers. Half of the problem is that I have more responsibility and I am held to the same number as she is. I hope things are going to change. We are doing things differently and I know I will come out of this victorious. It has been a long week and I am glad it is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment