This weekend was good. On Saturday the kids and I went to K's to drop off a birthday gift for H and see K's new puppy. His name is Jack and he is a 6 week ols black lab. He is adorable. The kids liked him until he started chasing them and biting their pants and shoes. I found it hilarious. Then we headed back home to get L's haircut and get her ready for a birthday party later in the afternoon. I guess I was in too much of hurry to notice that the stylist had missed a big junk of her hair. So on Sunday I was getting them ready for church and noticed it. I have had this happen before to my own hair and it's annoying but when it happens on a day that I am getting their pictures taken it is SUPER annoying. Luckily it was not noticable in the pictures. Also I have decided that my son is no longer able to sit for a picture. A snapshot maybe but an actual photography studio is not a good idea. The room was small and he was trying to take it over. At one point I thought he was going to break the backdrop. Oui! Then the photographer tells them I will buy them a cookie if their good. WHAT?! So now I had to calm him down because he thought he was getting a cookie right then. Lady, this kid is 2, he has no concept of time and he want's everything NOW. We finished and I took them to get a cookie. I was surprised that there were several good shots. I happen to think my kids are adorable but sometimes pictures don't come out the way one would hope. Not this time. I ordered several of them and in 2 weeks will have them to hand out. Yeah!
Tonight I skipped WW to attend famfest at our church. It is a night for families to come together and share a meal and do some activities. My daughter loves it so whenever possible we sin up and go. Tonight my husband and son went as well. It was still a good time but I didn't feel like hubby was into it. So wen we got home I asked him what he thought. He said he was fine with it. I told him sometimes I feel like I am "putting him out." I guess this was the wrong thing to say. He got very offended. I explained that his body language and lack of smile were my indicators. He told me that regardless of what his body was telling me he had a good time. I don't get it. If you are having a good time, shouldn't there be a smile or some kind of emotion on your face? When I am happy people know it. When I am sad people know it. I am a very emtional person. We talked about it and he's fine but I explained to him that maybe he should tell me he's having a good time because I can't always tell and then I end up saying something like "putting you out," and causing a fight. Communication has never been our strong point but we are always working on it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment